Cat Skiing Japan – The House of Powder [THoP] Snowcat Powder Experience is a must for anyone who has ever dreamt of cat skiing Japan. Enjoy a full day of cat assisted backcountry powder riding at the Chisenupuri ski area, a local’s favorite.
Access to the slopes is provided by mechanized snowcats only, operated by Hokkaido Backcountry Club, an experienced local backcountry company who was recently voted 2016 World’s Best Heli Operator at the World Ski Awards.
This elusive mountain is open five days per week (allowing for plentiful powder refill over the weekend), a mere 20km from Hirafu main town, and within 15 minutes from multi-resort. Chisenupuri is ideal for those wishing to leave the cluttered resort runs for a limited person JaPOW experience, without the long journey or overnight stays to other backcountry operations. It’s the perfect introduction to cat skiing in Japan.
- Chisenupuri Mountain Range
- Intermediate to Advanced
The snowcat drops you off at 832 meters and runs descend an average of 280 vertical meters. The terrain is a mix of wide open extinct ski runs, well-spaced trees, and glades.
The terrain here is perfect for mixed groups. More advanced skiers and riders can take tree runs, find small pillows, and jibs while clients who are just learning to ski backcountry conditions and deep powder will find the runs from the old ski resort a perfect place to hone these skills.
All of the runs return back to the same base area making it easier to explore the mountain. On average guests ski and ride 3,360 vertical meters of powdery snow per day. As with any cat ski terrain, the amount of runs/day depends on the weather and the group’s ability level.
|8:15am||Pick up at your accommodations in Niseko|
|9:00am||Arrive at The House of Powder, Chisenupuri|
|9:15am||Avalanche, safety and terrain briefing|
|4:00pm||Shuttle returns to Niseko|
Contact Stoked Niseko for further information.
Price & Inclusions
|TOUR TYPE||DURATION||PRICE||START TIME||NOTES|
|Group Tour||6.5 Hours||¥39,0000/person||8:15 AM||Maximum 20 seats per day|
- Includes safety equipment.
- Transport to The House of Powder from your accommodation in Niseko.
Terms & Conditions
- Bookings are not confirmed until you receive confirmation from Stoked Niseko via email.
- Payment for any tour or service is due at the time booking confirmation.
- Requests for changes or cancellations should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rates are based on 2017-18 season.
- Cancellations within 7 days of the tour or service date will incur a 100% cancellation fee
- Bookings are subject to the Stoked Niseko terms and conditions.
Chisenupuri Snowcat Powder Experience
Ideal for learning to ski or snowboard in powder.