Just a scenic 30-minute drive from the resort there’s a deep powder cat skiing Niseko experience waiting for you. There are no lift lines or competition; just access to fresh, untracked, deep snow. Enjoy a wide choice of terrain to suit every kind of powder junkie, from wide space to steep tight trees with natural jumps. Experienced guides are certified in wilderness first aid, avalanche safety and will provide you with the latest GPS and safety equipment. Snowboarders and skiers will need to be at an advanced level to participate in cat skiing Niseko and be fully aware of their surroundings.
- Yamanashi Range
- 1 to 5 persons per guide
Big Wave Cat Tours operates from the Kanbetsu base, riding the Yamanashi range with elevations between 500 and 1300 meters. The skiing terrain is below the tree line and has a range of lines for everyone, including gentle grade runs on the north facing slopes and steep, tight tree runs on the south facing slopes. The terrain also has pillows and mushrooms for those looking for some big air. The run lengths are about 200 meters of untouched powder.
- Pickup Hirafu: 08.30
- Drop-off: 16:00
- Up to 10 people across 2x CATs
- up to 5 people per CAT
What to bring
- Be dressed ready for a day skiing in the backcountry
- High sugar snacks like chocolate
- Your own safety equipment if you have it. If not Big Wave will supply safety equipment free of charge
Contact Stoked Niseko for further information.
Price & Inclusions
|Group Tour||¥56,000 / person|
|Private Cat||¥270,000 / cat|
- 1x fully qualified guide
- Big Lunch
- Return transfers to Hirafu
- Avalanche Safety Equipment (Transceiver, Probe, Shovel & Backpack)
Terms & Conditions
- Bookings are not confirmed until you receive confirmation from Stoked Niseko via email.
- Payment for any tour or service is due at the time booking confirmation.
- Requests for changes or cancellations should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rates are based on 2018-19 season.
- Cancellations within 7 days of the tour or service date will incur a 100% cancellation fee
- Bookings are subject to the Stoked Niseko terms and conditions.
Big Wave Snow Cats
Steep, deep and a variety of lines for all.