Heli Skiing in Japan with Hokkaido Backcountry Club [HBC] is the ultimate way to experience the deep powder and open runs that Hokkaido is famous for. HBC operates daily heli skiing trips from Hirafu and Niseko to the 1,107-meter dormant volcano, Shiribetsu-Dake. Located in the charming town of Kimobetsu, Shiribetsu-dake is famous for its deep, fresh powder lines and enticingly steep ridges covered with picturesque birch woodland.
The average vertical is 650 meters (2,130 feet) per run, which means you can rack up over 3,000 meters of vertical with HBC’s full day heli packages.
All heli skiing packages include the services of a fully qualified guide, extensive safety instructions and the use of snow safety equipment, including a backpack, avalanche beacon, and probe. Complimentary transport from your Niseko accommodation is provided. Heli skiing in Japan truly is the most unforgettable way to experience the world’s most famous powder snow.
The heli skiing zone on Shiribetsu-Dake reaches up to 1,520 meters. The terrain is a mix of trees, steep chutes, and open glades. Slopes range from 20-40 degrees (a typical resort black run is 32º). Average runs are 650 meters long meaning you can expect to rack up over 3,000 meters of vertical with a full 6 run day. As with any heli ski terrain, the number of runs/day depends on the weather, avalanche conditions, and the group’s ability level.
|8:00||Arrive to heli pad|
|8:00||Avalanche and heli briefing|
|9:00||Start shredding (lunch will be taken at this time, there is no set time since there is only a short window to fly|
|16:00||Transfer back to Niseko|
Contact Stoked Niseko for further information.
Price & Inclusions
|6 Run Big Mountain||6 Runs Guaranteed||¥160,000 / person|
|Private Charter||Private full day||¥1,430,000|
- Mandatory avalanche safety equipment
- Roundtrip van transportation: Niseko to Shiribetsu-Dake
Terms & Conditions
- Bookings are not confirmed until you receive confirmation from Stoked Niseko via email.
- Payment for any tour or service is due at the time booking confirmation.
- Requests for changes or cancellations should be sent via email to email@example.com
- Rates are based on 2017-18 season.
- Cancellations within 7 days of the tour or service date will incur a 100% cancellation fee
- Bookings are subject to the Stoked Niseko terms and conditions.
Hokkaido Backcountry Club Heli Skiing
Winner of the "Worlds Best Heli Ski Tour Operator 2016"