Niseko Weiss Powder Cats is operated by Niseko Hanazono Resort and offers a prime opportunity to experience Niseko cat skiing.
The tours operate from Mt. Weisshorn, which was once a ski resort. These days, the entire mountain is available for Niseko Weiss Powder Cat Tours. The cats are designed with a custom-built cabin that holds up to 12 guests. Groups are led by a certified guide, who can offer advice on the best spots on the mountain and ensure your safety throughout the day.
A trained photographer will also take part in the tour and provide a link to the day’s epic photos so you’ll never forget your day of Niseko cat skiing. A day generally consists of an average of 6-7 runs and about 2,400 meters of vertical, although the vertical total for the day is dependent on the ability of the group and the conditions. Only one tour operates per day with up to 12 guests maximum per tour. Pre-bookings are highly recommended.
- Mt. Weisshorn Mountain Range
- 1 to 6 persons per guide
The cat skiing takes place at the former Weisshorn Ski Resort, which is located next to Hanazono. The terrain consists of mellow bowls above the tree line and wide-open runs with spread out trees below the treeline. The pitch of the runs is about 20 degrees to 30 degrees. The elevations range from 450 to about 950 meters.
|7:30am – 8:00am||Pick-up at your accommodation in Niseko area|
|8:30am – 9:00am||Arrive at HANAZONO 308|
|Safety briefing etc.|
|Depart HANAZONO 308 to Weiss CAT Base|
|9:00am – 12noon||AM Session (3-5 runs)|
|12noon – 1:00pm||Lunch at WEISS HOTEL|
|1:00pm – 3:00pm||PM Session (2-3 runs)|
|3:00pm – 3:15pm||Depart Weiss CAT Base to HANAZONO 308|
|3:30pm-||End of Tour, Drop-off at your accommodation in Niseko area|
Ability Level Chart
Price & Inclusions
|TOUR TYPE||DURATION||PRICE||START TIME||NOTES|
|Group Tour||7 Hours||¥39,0000/person||8:30 AM||4-12 people|
|Private Cat||7 Hours||¥390,000/cat||8:30 AM||1-12 people|
- Includes safety equipment.
- Snacks & Water.
- Transport to Weiss from your accommodation in Niseko.
- Minimum of 4 people for all group tours to run.
- In the event a tour is canceled, the guest may reschedule or receive a refund. Guests must call 080-4500-4434 the day before their tour to reconfirm.
- Guests will have the tour confirmed at 8:30 pm the day prior to allow sufficient time to fill any remaining seats.
- Children must be age 10 and above.Children age 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult
Contact Stoked Niseko for more information.
Terms & Conditions
- Bookings are not confirmed until you receive confirmation from Stoked Niseko via email.
- Payment for any tour or service is due at the time booking confirmation.
- Requests for changes or cancellations should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rates are based on 2018-19 season.
- Cancellations within 7 days of the tour or service date will incur a 100% cancellation fee
- Bookings are subject to the Stoked Niseko terms and conditions.
Niseko Weiss Powder Cats Tour
Long runs and open spaces perfect for a mellow backcountry powder experience.