Mount Yohtei Summit Tour – When arriving in Niseko, you can’t help but be awed by the majestic bulk of Mount Yohtei, a lone standing, an almost symmetrical volcano that has been dubbed “the Fuji of the north”. Conquer this mighty peak with Black Diamond Tours’ Yohtei Summit Tour.
To skin up the 1898m peak can take between five and eight hours, and it’s a true test of fitness. A fully qualified and highly experienced guide is on hand to show you the safest course up the mountain. Once at the peak you are rewarded with the longest ski descent on the island. If time allows it, you can drop into Mount Yohtei’s snow-filled crater for some wide open powder runs. How many people can say they’ve shredded a volcano?
Mother Nature is the boss when it comes to ideal conditions for scaling Mount Yohtei. Wind, visibility and avalanche conditions must all be taken into account to ensure you and your group can safely climb this iconic mountain. Conditions can change quickly throughout the day, and guides may be forced to turn the trip around to avoid incoming weather or due to a lack of daylight hours.
- 5 guests per 1 guide
Due to unpredictable weather, Black Diamond Yohtei Summit Tour cannot be booked in advance. There is an ongoing standby list to ski Mount Yohtei throughout the winter and you can be added to this list at your request. Please advise of the dates on which you are available to climb Mount Yohtei. If weather and conditions are favorable, you will be contacted the afternoon before the proposed trip. There is a short window for Yohtei summit tours due to the volatile conditions but you will not be charged until your trip has been confirmed.
Contact Stoked Niseko for further information.
Prices & Inclusions
|Group Tour||Min. 5 people to operate the tour||¥19,500/person|
|Private Tour||1 guide for a group of 1 to 5 people||¥85,000/group|
- Certified guide, transportation, and necessary avalanche safety kit
- Touring gear required but not included in trip price. Please inquire for rental rates if you do not have your own touring equipment.
- Avalanche safety equipment (beacon, shovel, probe, and appropriate backpack) are required. If you do not have your own please inform us in the booking. BDT will provide equipment as necessary.
- Guest to guide ratio: max 5:1
Terms & Conditions
- Bookings are not confirmed until you receive confirmation from Stoked Niseko via email.
- Payment for any tour or service is due at the time booking confirmation.
- Requests for changes or cancellations should be sent via email to [email protected]
- Rates are based on 2017-18 season.
- Cancellations within 7 days of the tour or service date will incur a 100% cancellation fee
- Bookings are subject to the Stoked Niseko terms and conditions.
BDT Yohtei Summit Tour
Skin up Mount Yohtei and ski the highest mountain in the region.